Author Topic: seat mounting  (Read 8722 times)

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
seat mounting
« on: May 30, 2008, 02:31:16 am »
Can any one take some pics of how you have your seat mounted? My car came with a 17.5 seat, and even after adding lots of padding its still to big lol. So I'm more interested in pictures of how the lower part of the seat is mounted. If you can take any with the seat cover off too.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: seat mounting
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 03:45:10 am »
 You may need to get a smaller seat.
My seat is 15" and fits me nicely. I don't have it mounted yet, so no pics.
Hopefully someone will post some pics or tips for you.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 09:24:05 am »
The 17.5 inch seat fits.  Mega Man has one installed in his car.  USe flat bar the get the bottom of the seat above the seat mount.  Drill holes into the flat bar where you want the height of your seat. 

I put books under my seat until I got the right height.  The drilled out the holes for the back of the seat.  Moutned the back and then played wit the front to get it just right.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 09:32:07 am »
A 17.5" seat is likely too big for him if he has added padding and it is still too large.

Hehehehe!!!
I can just see you sitting on phonebooks!
ROFL!!!!
Can you see over the steering wheel?
 :P ;D

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline MegaMang

• Fits me like a glove. A very snug glove!
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 11:55:42 pm »
Of course then again, Steve weighs less than my right leg...

I used a piece of 1 1/4 X 1 1/4 angle iron about 4" long for my lower seat mounts.  The angle iron stands vertically on the cross member at the front of the seat.  I cut one side of the angle iron down to form a ledge for the front of the seat to sit on, with the other side of the angle iron tall enough to form a side bracket with a hole through it for a bolt into the side of the seat.  The hole in the seat is right at the front edge of the seat.  I welded the angle iron to the cross member.  I made sure the angle iron was welded on the inside as well as the outside.  I'm 250 lbs, so I didn't want that seat moving around.  I tested it out already when I went backwards into the wall.  No movement at all.

You may need to get a smaller seat.
My seat is 15" and fits me nicely. I don't have it mounted yet, so no pics.
Hopefully someone will post some pics or tips for you.

Steve
If it isn't fun, why are you doing it?

Offline MegaMang

• Fits me like a glove. A very snug glove!
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 01:15:48 am »
Can any one take some pics of how you have your seat mounted? My car came with a 17.5 seat, and even after adding lots of padding its still to big lol. So I'm more interested in pictures of how the lower part of the seat is mounted. If you can take any with the seat cover off too.

How about a sketch?

If it isn't fun, why are you doing it?