Author Topic: How You Doing 2016? Bando Car  (Read 13345 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
How You Doing 2016? Bando Car
« on: January 03, 2016, 05:33:32 pm »
Well, it's that time of year again.
Let everyone know what you are doing to your Bando in the off season, and post your results for the 2016 season.

Best Wishes and Safe Racing in 2016!

Steve

Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline blazedog5

Re: How You Doing 2016? Bando Car
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 03:04:35 pm »
We picked up a second  Bando to run on the large tracks,, the stress of running and maybe wrecking the night before our home track was too much,,, took a lot of  fun out of it.  Now we can enjoy it a little more.  We are also in the running for a sponsorship from CHAMPION SPARK PLUGS thru a contest, If anyone can help by voting for Jeff Darrah in the black and orange amateur Bando , here is the link!!  Hope you all have a great 2016 season!!, Ken

http://sfac.championautoparts.com/search-for-a-cha…/…/voter/

sorry, I had posted this in Legends by mistake! 

Offline blazedog5

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 02:21:11 pm »
Steve, Any idea how to get more conversations going with the Bandos?  At our track we seem to talk to most all of the other Bando families.  It just seems odd to me how little banter their is.  I would think this level would be more fun and rewarding if there were more camaraderie.   

Ken

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 12:20:51 am »
Hi Ken,

There has always been a lack of information for the Bando cars. I am not really sure why. We DO have a few that are willing to share. I know that I appreciate those folks and their imput!!! I have noticed that more people seem to share at the track than on a forum. Some of the folks that have moved on to Legends or some other series just seem to forget about what it was like to start out and need some help. I will ALWAYS share what little info I have. Most has been posted at some point over the years. Other than to ask your questions and hope someone will answer; I do not know how to stimulate more conversations in the Bando threads. If you can think of anything, PLEASE let me know.

Best Of Luck to you with the Champion Spark Plug sponsorship contest. That would certainly help anyones racing efforts! All my best wishes for a safe and prosperous 2016 season as well.

Steve

Offline blazedog5

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 11:59:46 am »
Yeah , I hear you and understand to a point.  I just don't get it when they won't even share plans or paint schemes or stuff of that nature.  Part of my posting the CHAMPION link is so that other Bando guys might see it and  A) vote for us as fellow Bandos, but also, B)  to make them aware of the contest and maybe they can try next year.  There is soooo much info not related to competitive secrets that can and should be passed along.   For example , you had a great thread about sponsorship's, it was very helpful and we are putting it to use.  Never would have had it if not shared.  That kinda stuff. 

Oh well,,,,   In a perfect world,,,,,,,,

Happy New year to you also.....We are off to the INEX banquet this weekend!!  Gotta pick up his CT Outlaw Championship!!
Take care and thanks for all you do on this site...

Ken

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 03:26:29 pm »
Ken,

I missed out on the voting for the Champion Spark Plug Sponsorship. I was offline for a few months and am way behind on things here on the site. I will try to get myself back on track. If there is anything I might be able to help you with, please let me know. I have a small file of Bando info. Some I was asked not to post but was given permission to share in a PM. I still have a few contacts with people if I am unable to help out. PM if there is anything I can help you with.

Congratulations on the CT Outlaw Championship!

Steve

Offline blazedog5

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 08:56:48 am »
We just ran a new track for us in the Bando.  Evergreen Raceway in Drum , PA.  They evidently used to run bandos there but haven't for a few years.  This year they are running them once a month with their regular Sunday program .  It was a fast but bumpy track.  My driver (Jeff) had a great time there.  The staff was very helpful and friendly.  Before they even opened up the pits , one of the staff took Jeff for a tour of the track surface in a truck to see the layout.  It was very helpful.   It was a small group of Bandos, all from our home track of Bethel Motor Speedway and one car from Chemung.  We really want to go back in July, but  will only do it as a stay over from our Saturday race.  Otherwise it is 3 1/4 hours from home.  Just a wee too long for a Sunday jaunt !!  Now we have run Bethel, Chemung, Waterford and Evergreen.  It's all about the experience!!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 02:22:52 pm »
Ken,

Sounds like a good time! How did you guys finish at Evergreen? Details man, details! LOL!!!

Know what you mean on the long towing time. Our only track that runs legends/ bandos  is 4 hours away.

The more different tacks, and the more seat time Jeff gets gives him experience. ALWAYS a plus.

Thanks for the update!

Steve

Offline blazedog5

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 01:29:42 pm »
Jeff managed a second at Evergreen.  And had a great time.  We were running third when the P2 launched his motor in full blown smoking glory right in front of us on a single file restart.  Got covered in oil and stuff going thru 1 and 2.  Felt terrible, they are great friends and competitors.  But,, second is good.  We are going to most likely try it again on July 17th if our equipment is holding out.  Will post back anything new,,,, Peace out,,,,,,,,,

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 05:11:06 am »
Congratulations on the 2nd place finish!
Thanks for posting the results.

Steve

Offline blazedog5

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2016, 04:14:50 pm »
Just wanted to say thanks for all your input.  Lord knows we needed it.  Our Bandos are moving out tomorrow to another young man from our town.  Hope he has as much fun as we did.  We are working on the next car for my son JD, a Monte Carlo Street Stock.  Just a little bigger than the bando!!  Thought I would attach a pic from a wreck we had in a heat race this year.  Everyone loves a good picture!! Ours is the orange car flying thru the air.  Had all 4 wheels off the ground for quite a distance.  a little too exciting!  The good news is we actually got it together and made the feature and finished 4th of 12.  Thanks again for all your help, the group is a great resource!!  Best of Luck to all the members!!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2016, 06:45:52 pm »
WOW!!!! That looks like one of the most "exciting" Bando wrecks I have ever seen! Glad he is alright.
Congratulations on getting it done and Jeff's 4th place finish. Good job Jeff!!!

I know there is not a lot of Bando information on the net. I am happy that you enjoyed the site and our little family here at LegendsRacer. THANK YOU for your questions and input here on the site. I am going to miss you. Please tell the new owner of the Bando to come visit our site.

Best of luck to you both in the new racing venture! Pop in and let us know how things are going.

Regards,

Steve