Author Topic: K&N Vs Foam, Borla exahust vs stock. Either of these worth the Money?  (Read 6536 times)

Offline ZForceRacing01

Keep in mind I race asphalt. Has anyone looked at a dyno comparison for these two item?

I have the foam air cleaner and I think it is time for a new one. The Borla exhuast will be a winter upgrade if its worth my time.

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" , George Orwell

"In war it does not matter who was right, only who is left", Anonymous

Offline knoxracing

The foam air cleaners are fine, the only problem is that they retain fuel if you have an issue. A misfire can lead to a carb. fire, we have seen this but it is rare. The Borla exhaust is not a big deal as they are all produced over seas now.
DENNIS KNOX
Buckeye Legends
Official USLC Dealer - Ohio
330-310-9212

Offline legends13

• Northeast Legends
I have always heard the same thing about the filters, but The only fire I have ever had was with k&n filters. I have run foam filters for years and never had an issue.
Brad Salatino
Northeast Legends - Authorized USLC Dealer

Offline s10custom

• It is what it is
I was told that the foam filters are little better for low RPM/torque situation but even out at top speed. also, was told that the stock pipes with the Borla muffler was the way to go.

Robert

Offline racerrad8

• Raduechel Performance Motorsports
Foam is better hands down. The fuel mist from the camshaft timing over lap flushes the oil from the single layer filter media of K&N & similar filters which makes them basically useless.

The RPM dual foam filters are even better then the 600 filters as they are only a single foam element.

Here is a set of oval track carbs I rebuilt last week and he swore by the K&N filters. After I showed him his carbs, he is now using the RPM dual pod filters.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM
randy@rpmracingca.com
2010 INEX/Intercomp Raceteam of the Year.
2009 INEX National and World Champion, Thunder Roadster.

Offline ZForceRacing01

Thanks for the info Randy.
"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" , George Orwell

"In war it does not matter who was right, only who is left", Anonymous