Author Topic: What is the diameter and dish of your steering wheel?  (Read 4607 times)

Offline ZForceRacing01

What is the diameter and dish of your steering wheel?
« on: April 07, 2015, 07:20:55 pm »
I have a 15" with I think a 1.5" dish. I tried the stock 14" with 2.5" dish and that just took me in the wrong direction.

The goal is straighten my arms out a little and get my hands a little closer together to better fir my broad shoulders.

I am aware the smaller the steering wheel the more fatigue will come into play for it will be harder to turn the wheel.

I plan to go to a flat wheel, but not sure if I want to go 13" or 14".

I am curious what you guys have?

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" , George Orwell

"In war it does not matter who was right, only who is left", Anonymous

Offline Legends16

Re: What is the diameter and dish of your steering wheel?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 12:23:10 pm »
I had a 15 inch wheel that I really liked but I felt that I couldn't be quick enough to correct in certain situations. I've got long arms and the under portion of my biceps were getting into the seat and bruising. I went with the stock wheel that Inex sells, its a 12 inch I think. It worked out well. I have since got a Driven steering wheel that's just slightly larger. I haven't raced it yet this year so I couldn't tell you how I like it. Both wheels are dished.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: What is the diameter and dish of your steering wheel?
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 06:54:53 pm »
The dish is part of the answer. The deeper the dish, the farther towards you the steering wheel sticks out at you.
Mine is the stock INEX wheel. The smaller the wheel, the more turns lock to lock. The steering is pretty responsive. Easy to get in over your head vs a heavier car. These things are pretty twitch as it is.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.