Author Topic: Looking for someone racing in the winter season to be a product tester  (Read 6124 times)

Offline WIGGLES84

Like the title says, Looking for someone racing in the winter season to be a product tester.

I am thinking of trying a different material (a plastic) for my DGI sending unit. If it works out, it would cut back on a ton of fiddle F***ing around with making the plastic threaded inserts and all that goes with drilling and tapping the same set of holes about 6 times per part  :o

Tester would get the sending unit ( gauge if needed ) for test free of charge.  Nothing is made or ready to ship out yet. just looking to see if anyone would be willing to try it.

I know people have said to just keep making them from aluminum, but the whole process of making the threaded plastic and drilling and tapping over and over kinda sucks!

Let me know,
Andrew

Silly Tool Maker wants to make race car parts better, stronger, CHEAPER (in kit form) than the OEM! ( now he's trying to be a fabricator too! )

Offline canabl

Re: Looking for someone racing in the winter season to be a product tester
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 09:13:43 pm »
We building a car at moment that will be on tracks in coming month. happy to pay shipping etc to get it over here.
Cheers Adam

Offline WIGGLES84

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 10:19:40 am »
We building a car at moment that will be on tracks in coming month. happy to pay shipping etc to get it over here.
Cheers Adam

We'll see when I can get one done. not commiting to anyone one as a tester yet.

Ordered  some material this morning, found a good deal on ebay.

Anyone know what size flat head screw holds the sending unit \ neutral switch to the engine ? I can find the part number, but no specs on what size it is. Guess they want you to spend 3X the $$$ for their screw!  ::)

Thanks,
Andrew
Silly Tool Maker wants to make race car parts better, stronger, CHEAPER (in kit form) than the OEM! ( now he's trying to be a fabricator too! )

Offline WIGGLES84

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 12:36:32 pm »
Well..............  that took long enough!

This stuff machines like a dream! Biggest issue was the shavings wrapping around the cutter I use and leaving a less then desirable finish. I also went with a different size brass hardware that needs less work to usable for this. It also took awhile to find a seller that had the terminals I wanted for those tiny 22 Ga. wires and took paypal. But I am glad I did find one, made terminating the wire just about fool proof.

So I will put out the tester request again. I have the following people as testers if they still want. I will add others to the list in order I receive replys\PM's.

There are only three unts at this time

1.  canabl
2. knoxracing
3. Vern Houseman

4.??

So I know said FREE in the first post, but I'd like to charge something to help cover some of the materials and cost of shipping.  I think $25 within the US. For anyone outside the US, I'd say the $25 plus what everextra it costs over the normal $10 or so it costs me to ship within the US.

And Yes, there is more then $15 worth of materials in the unit  :P

Let me know,
Andrew