Author Topic: Ford Sedan trunk  (Read 6517 times)

Offline Legends16

Ford Sedan trunk
« on: October 22, 2014, 12:23:31 pm »
Hello Everyone,

I really dislike putting fuel in my  34 Ford sedan, It hard to see with the bodywork. My car came with a makeshift fuel door in the interior  panel above the gas tank. I've seen people make this panel hinged so that the entire plate lifts up making it easier to access the back of the car and fill it with gas. I've also seen this plate Velcro'd in for easy removal.  I've scanned the rulebook and have yet to find anything that says this wouldn't be legal. I want to do something like this to my car and I'm curious to see what other Ford Sedan guys are doing. Pictures would be awesome if you have them.

Thanks everyone!

Eric

Offline Legends57x

Re: Ford Sedan trunk
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 01:38:24 pm »
Eric,

Please clarify if you're referring to a 1934 or 1937 Ford Sedan.

Thanks!
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline Legends16

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 05:01:03 pm »
Eric,

Please clarify if you're referring to a 1934 or 1937 Ford Sedan.

Thanks!

Hi Mark,

Sorry bout that. For some reason I thought the 34 and the 37 were the same as far as that goes. After seeing some pic's I realize I was mistaken. Ive updated my post. Ive got the 34.

Thanks,

Eric

Offline ajagoditsh

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 02:44:27 am »
Fueling the 34 is a pita. I cut a hole above the fuel cap. I have a hinged lid over it and it is held in place with a placard holder that is used on trucks. I'm a truck driver so them are easy to get for me.

Tony
Tony Jagoditsh

Offline Legends16

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 04:55:12 pm »
I have a similar setup to you Tony. I've got a cutout hinged door above the cap and then its got a sort of hand Dzus fastener. Its dark down there, I'm always trying to judge how much gas I'm putting in and trying not to overfill it. A flashlight helps a little but its still a difficult task.

I'm sure you feel my pain Tony, lol.  ;D

I'm seeing guys hinge the hole panel which is what I'm interested in doing, just not sure how I want to do it.

anything