Author Topic: Digital Gear Indicator (DGI) Kit...... Round 2!  (Read 20272 times)

Offline WIGGLES84

Re: Digital Gear Indicator (DGI) Kit...... Round 2!
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2014, 04:18:57 am »
Andrew, I have installed my kit and it is great. I highly recommend buying this unit. In the past, I have always had a leak at the engine unit. His unit is a great fit with no leaks. We should support anyone that makes a better product at a reasonable price. Thanks for your efforts and workmanship. Ron B.

Glad to hear it's working and your happy with it!

If any issues pop up feel free to let me know and I'll help trouble shoot.

Thanks,
Andrew
Silly Tool Maker wants to make race car parts better, stronger, CHEAPER (in kit form) than the OEM! ( now he's trying to be a fabricator too! )

Offline WIGGLES84

Hardware update!
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2014, 03:33:18 am »
I have gotten a few emails / messages here and there since I started selling these about the solder joint coming loose between the wires and the contact points. Everyone has been understanding and went about re-soldering  it back together but wanted to let me know for future improvement.

To be honest this is the weakest link on my assembly, and probably the strongest on the USLC unit ;D

So I went out into cyber space for a stroll and found another piece of hardware to try out 

These have a threaded hole at one end and should make for a much stronger solder joint then the smooth hole that I have been soldering into in the screws \ set screws of the last parts.

I do have to turn down at least one of them because of how close three of the contacts are. This will more then likely be the best solution short of ordering custom hardware with some absurd minimum order quantity.

I haven't had a chance to solder wires into them yet, hopefully at some point today?

Andrew 
Silly Tool Maker wants to make race car parts better, stronger, CHEAPER (in kit form) than the OEM! ( now he's trying to be a fabricator too! )

Offline WIGGLES84

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2014, 03:00:58 am »
Found a way to make more time in the day.................. insomnia   :-\ !!!

So with my new ability to not sleep I had a chance to get one of my sending units disassembled and then reassembled with the new hardware.

Here it is next to an assembled one using the previous hareware as well as the others ready for the new hardware:

Takes a bit more solder but should be bullet proof now!

Andrew

Offline xfire62

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2014, 08:54:17 pm »
Andrew,
Please put me on the list for the sending unit and let me know when it will be available to ship

Bill at car62@optonline.net

Offline fordracer

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2014, 03:33:38 pm »
Andrew, sent you a pm for a full kit.  Cale

Offline fordracer

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2014, 08:45:14 pm »
Andrew, need your Paypal address to send money for the kit!      Cale

Offline johnny5014485

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2014, 12:40:19 pm »
Do you still have full kits available?

Offline WIGGLES84

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2014, 03:49:26 am »
Do you still have full kits available?

Sent you  a PM

Andrew

Offline afsracing12

• AFS Inc
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2014, 08:21:38 am »
Andrew,
What is the availability of a full kit?
thanks,
Bob

Offline Buckshot_24

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2015, 06:29:33 pm »
Andrew

Sent you pm.

Shaun

anything