Author Topic: Bandolero Racing  (Read 14849 times)

Offline oxidekart17

Bandolero Racing
« on: August 22, 2013, 02:54:20 pm »
Good Afternoon,

I know the Legend Cars have monetary payback at some of their races.  Does this ever happen with the Bandolero Cars?  I was considering promoting a race and am not sure how to handle this issue.  I know offering a cash payout will likely bring more cars to the track, but with the driver often times being kind of young, I was not sure if it would be appropriate.  Could I please get some feedback through this forum?

Thanks

knoxracing

Re: Bandolero Racing
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 04:04:06 pm »
Payout with Bando's is generally frowned upon by USLC. Trophies and gift certificates  are generally the norm. They are usually USLC gift certificates or some sort of race parts or apparel related. I have seen sponsors offer to pay pit fees or offset pit fees, this is similar to a financial reward accept it is evenly spread out to all competitors.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 05:10:18 pm »
Promoters also have to take into account the State laws. For example, in Wisconsin, if you play school sports and also race, you can be sanctioned by the WIAA and kicked off your sports team because you recieved payment in another sport, thus making you a "professional" and ineligible for "amateur" school sports. It's stupid, but it's the law
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline oxidekart17

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 09:39:31 am »
I considered the 'amateur' status, and looked into it.  In Ohio, the OHSAA sanctions high school athletics.  They have 24 sanctioned sports.  As long as the payment is not in one of the sanctioned sports, it does not affect amateur status.  The example they provided was a high school baseball player receiving payment for a rodeo event would not cause ineligibility because rodeo is not one of the OHSAA sanctioned sports.  I do not, however, know if that applies to all states.  I am looking to promote the races at my track, but do not know how to draw as many cars as possible without a cash payout.  The legend cars would be way too big, but at 47" wide, the Bandolero cars would be fine.

Any ideas would be great!!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 07:07:43 pm »
Would be nice if we knew what state and track you are talking about. Promotors are always a welcome event. Have you taken the time to talk to the track owner about promoting an event? Discuss pay out optins with him or her.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline ruttracing15

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 05:50:12 pm »
i was just at the bandolero nationals and someone brought it up to vice president of inex. well that didn't sit well with them. that person said they been to tracks to where they pay the bandos and he said if it sanction by inex that they do not pay the bandolero kids. i hope i can help out

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 06:20:55 am »
Just pay the car owners (ie. the dad and mom's) they are the one's that incurring the cost anyway. You could also do scholarship money too.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline robbie96race

• Robbie Johnston
    • Robbie Johnston Racing
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2013, 09:49:58 am »
The track I race at gives out GameStop gift certificates to the bando drivers instead of money.
3rd Place 2013 Sunny South Raceway Semi-Pro/Young Lions Championship
2nd Place 2014 Sunny South Raceway Semi-Pro/Young Lions Championship