Author Topic: Brake Update  (Read 84991 times)

Offline s10custom

• It is what it is
Re: Brake Update
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2013, 06:54:54 pm »
Thanks Randy, I started to last night but wasn't real sure whether to do it or not. Wasn't sure whether it would interfere with the normal operation.

Robert

Offline Hyerflyer2

« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2013, 01:43:56 pm »
I just tested the new front brakes they work almost too good I had the most aggressive pad I'm gonna  have to try the lesser aggressive pad and see how it goes

Offline vince6b

« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2013, 09:07:29 am »
Here we go again with the same guys who won't spend the money and then come out here to trash INEX ,  I for one i'm not a big fan of the brakeman stuff I think there WAAAAAYYYY over priced for what you get ,so for $380 compared to $1000  I'm ok with it. And they save you 14lbs altogether.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2013, 07:19:00 pm »
Vince,

Apparently, you have not noticed that people are already spending money on Brake Man and Wilwood pad upgrades. Will just be a matter of time before the whole deal gets just as expensive.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2013, 11:30:45 am »
Vince,

Sorry, but not all of us are blessed to have the resources you have and if you think I'm trashing INEX, that's balogna.  We are just having a discussion as this website is set up to do and often times suggest items to make to  possibly make things better for ALL.  

Again, we're all entitled to our opinions.  Have a wonderful day!
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

knoxracing

« Reply #110 on: April 28, 2013, 12:52:49 pm »
The brakes cost 380.00 COMPLETE. They work VERY well, the replacement pads are $35.00------- $35.00, go buy a set of $175.00 cobalt pads for your $600.00 brakeman calipers and have a good time!  Bash away boys!

Offline Hyerflyer2

« Reply #111 on: April 28, 2013, 04:03:16 pm »
I ran the new brakes with the suggested pads and  honestly notice no difference from the brake man set up   Besides the 19 lbs off the nose of the car maybe ill try going to a touch more aggressive pad and see how that works out but of you have stock brake set up I would definitely reccomended buying the new setup great value for the buck

Offline racerrad8

• Raduechel Performance Motorsports
« Reply #112 on: April 28, 2013, 06:26:35 pm »
Okay,

I installed two sets of calipers this weekend, one on a Legend car and the other a roadster. The weight savings on both cars was was 7.2lb.s per side or 14.8lbs off the front of the car.

I added 16 lbs of weight to both cars to compensate for pad wear.

I can tell you the shims supplied with both sets were not sufficient to center the caliper upon the rotor. I ended up with .055" on one car and .060" of required spacer one the other.

The next road race is in a couple of weeks and we'll see how they work.

Two things, I recommend when installing;

1) Get longer bolts for the bracket mounting to the caliper, the stock bolts are not long enough.
2) Spend your time getting the caliper centered on the rotor, it will help prolong the brake pad life.

Although I have never spent a dime on BM parts as I do all of my own brake work for myself and many, many others, if this package works as well as anything on the current market at the time of introduction, then they can only get better and make you faster.

I will pass along the information as I get it. I hope to have a circle track Legend on the package in the next couple of weeks.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM
randy@rpmracingca.com
2010 INEX/Intercomp Raceteam of the Year.
2009 INEX National and World Champion, Thunder Roadster.

knoxracing

« Reply #113 on: April 28, 2013, 08:45:52 pm »
Randy thank you so much for the info, info on the new stuff has been pretty quiet, I believe so far there have been few issues. I TOTALLY agree on the shims. The two set we installed took more than what was supplied. The cars we installed them on had new rotors turned way down. We will see and I do appriciate anyone who tries them and reports back. Its important good or bad.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #114 on: April 28, 2013, 08:56:43 pm »
Upside of things is that there does seem to be a significant weight savings. Sure; There will likely be some adjusting to do. I am sure everyone will figure that out. It will be interesting to follow individual results from the new calipers and see what pads seem to work best. Thanks for the updates!

Steve

Offline chadvarner85

« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2013, 07:10:32 am »
Installation was pretty easy, I aslo had to dig around and find some shims(Grainger) and they were pricey. The pad the brakes come with I dont think are aggressive enough (depending on the track you run) and had slight fade when I had to use alot of brake in traffic. Zero brake drag after racing.

knoxracing

« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2013, 08:06:49 am »
I wonder if these pads fade during there first high temp cycle and then are good to go or will this be a problem throughout the life of the pad?

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #117 on: April 29, 2013, 08:09:58 am »
Chad,

Did you bed the pads in or just install and go?

Steve

Offline chadvarner85

« Reply #118 on: April 29, 2013, 11:37:08 am »
Install and go... Dennis u make a good point... It didn't seem to fade in the second feature .. I thought it might have been because I was upfront and out of traffic but it could have been because it was he first cycle.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #119 on: April 29, 2013, 11:43:31 am »
That is the reason for bedding the pads in. It puts heat cycles into the pads in increments rather than "shocking" the pads like the install and go does.
You may want to check your pads and see if you have any glazing on them.
JMHO

Steve