Author Topic: Brake Update  (Read 84993 times)

Offline chadvarner85

Brake Update
« on: January 04, 2013, 07:38:24 am »
Anybody heard anything else about when these things are going up for sale. I feel like kid at christmas.lol. I got my car tore apart and trying to decide to wait or go ahead and try to rebuild my old stuff and put it back on. I didnt get any reponse from USLC through email.

Offline s10custom

• It is what it is
Re: Brake Update
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 08:47:23 am »
I would put your car together and replace when they do come out. I have called and emailed and got no response.

Robert

Offline Legend79

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 09:35:11 am »
There good at that, I had no response either. It would nice to know if they are available before the start of the new season

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 09:48:02 am »
As per phone call to USLC this morning, the new front brakes are still being tested.
Most likely will be Wilwood,  but not 100% sure.
Was told they are hoping to have them ready to sell sometime in March.

Put your cars together, and if you feel the need to buy them when they do become available, do it then.
Don't wait and be scrambling the night before
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline csm14701

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 11:52:51 am »
Does anyone know it this new system will still use drum rears, or if disk rears will ever be an option like in the thunder roadsters???

knoxracing

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 12:14:14 pm »
Update:
The new front brakes have been ordered by USLC, after talking with them today I would expect them in the next 60 days. Retail sounds to be $350.00 to $400.00 for the complete set up. You will be able to purchase pads from many vendors as they will be available to fit this system.  The kit will include brackets, pads and calipers, everything necessary to mount and use the fronts.

The rears will remain drum for now, they tested rears BEFORE they went to the fronts, they felt the front was a bigger issue and moved to revamp the front system first. The rears will not be this year, i would expect at some point there will be a rear disc system available.

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 01:26:31 pm »
Thank you Dennis for the update on the new brakes.

In my opinion only, regarding rear disc brakes, would it make sense to come up with a clamp on style disc brake assembly that we all could assemble onto our current housings to keep the cost of this change to a minimum?  Or do you see USLC going the route of installing an entire new rear end assembly, probably a  quick change with disc brake similer to the modified legend car?   Whatever they do with this in the future, I hope they consider the cost impact to all of us Legends racers.
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

knoxracing

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 01:38:20 pm »
This will for sure not change the housing. They tested a system that I did not see, I do know it will not change the housing and I do believe the pricing will be similar to the front. Again, do not expect this to happen this year and it may never happen but it was tested.

Offline chadvarner85

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 01:52:56 pm »
Do you have a model or manufacture of the front brakes.

Offline racerrad8

• Raduechel Performance Motorsports
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 08:52:59 pm »
I am pretty confident that when, and if, they go to rear discs they will use the Thunder Roadster set up. It is a bolt on Wilwood system and they are already having to cast their own rotors for the application.

We have been using that system on the TR for 10+ years now without any issue(s).

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM
randy@rpmracingca.com
2010 INEX/Intercomp Raceteam of the Year.
2009 INEX National and World Champion, Thunder Roadster.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 08:53:33 pm »
Bolt on rear disc brake options for the Toyota 8 and 10 bolt rear end have been available for years.
As I am SCCA and not INEX, I have both front and rear Toyota and Wilwood calipers.
Hawk Machine makes bolt on brackets for both the Toyota and Wilwood calipers.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Legend79

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 07:05:11 am »
Does anyone know which calliper it is yet?

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 05:01:09 pm »
As per talking with USLC today:
It is a Wilwood caliper. It is not an existing model, it is being produced for USLC, thus the delay in getting it.
They are in production, and should be ready in 4-6 weeks
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Legend79

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 05:34:14 pm »
Are they going to leave a car with stock callipers (Toyota) way behind? Or does no one really know yet?

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 05:45:21 pm »
Are they going to leave a car with stock callipers (Toyota) way behind? Or does no one really know yet?

I guess that depends on whether you believe the test results from USLC. Although, I have seen more discussion here on the site than anywhere else. I think they will be a bigger issue for pavement than for dirt. Pad compounds will also play a part in the stopping power. Since no one seems to know too much about these new calipers, it will be interesting to see the real world results.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.