Author Topic: Throttle cable mount  (Read 5910 times)

knoxracing

Throttle cable mount
« on: November 26, 2012, 03:28:57 pm »
A couple of years ago I had a mechanical failure that resulted in a stuck throttle. The car hit the wall wide open and destroyed the car, this was a $18,000 Legend Car, I was lucky to walk away. Since then I have welded a tab on the firewall framing, this tab has a hole in it and the throttle cable attaches to it instead of the firewall.  I convinced USLC to start doing the same, I have now seen multiple chassis from USLC with the throttle cable tab. DO YOURSELVES A HUGE FAVOR AND WELD THE TAB ON THE CHASSIS, ITS SO SIMPLE TO DO!  The cable attached to the firewall is dangerous, its a terrible design that has problem written all over it.
Dennis Knox
Buckeye Legends
330-310-9212

Offline Winterracing

• www.Winterracing.net
Re: Throttle cable mount
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 08:05:56 pm »
can you post a picture of that?

Dan

knoxracing

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 09:40:57 pm »
Yes, ASAP

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 07:56:43 am »
Dennis, I have done the same thing to our chassis's years ago. I did it because I like how its more secure to the throttle cable instead of a flexible firewall. You are right, very simple to do, buy a peice of flat stock from Home depot. I believe I used 1" wide and cut it just big enough to make the throttle cable in the center. Welded it on there and then sent a drill right through the same hole. I would have to say if USLC is starting to do this its finally nice to see them making an update that makes sense and is cheap to do yourself.
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 09:28:32 pm »
Dan,

It is similar to a brakeline tab.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

anything