Author Topic: Official "Introduce Yourself Thread"  (Read 302999 times)

Offline Roachie 96 UK Driver

Re: Official "Introduce Yourself Thread"
« Reply #525 on: September 09, 2014, 04:39:49 pm »
Hello all my name is Matt Roach and i'am from Thundersley,Essex. United Kingdom.
I race legends here in the uk on the oval tracks we have here i also look after several cars for fellow racers along with running my own race car preparation company www.mattroachracing.com , i love the legends and hope to be racing them for many years to come. Cheers Matt

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #526 on: September 09, 2014, 06:11:06 pm »
Hi Matt,

Welcome To LegendsRacer!
Always nice to see new members from the UK. Interesting site you have there!

Regards,

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline JCampbell_0801

« Reply #527 on: October 15, 2014, 01:18:09 pm »
Hey everybody, my name is Jason, and I had some questions about Bandolero racing. I live near Atlanta Motor Speedway, and I'm looking to get my 9 year old son into a car but I'm trying to narrow down the actual costs involved so that I can budget for it. I've done some research on the car and have a general understanding of how it works and what it costs. I'm trying to figure out exactly what costs I can expect on a weekly (per race) basis and a monthly basis depending on the number of races run. I'm talking about tires, fuel, set up, maintenance and entry fee costs to be exact. Thanks for everybody's time and help. I really appreciate it.

Offline afsracing12

• AFS Inc
« Reply #528 on: October 20, 2014, 03:20:44 pm »
Hey guys, my name is Bob Jones (seriously that's my name) from Jefferson, Ohio. I have been reading on this forum for quite some time.
I just recently purchased a used 34 ford coupe with chevy emblems on it lol. I used to test and prep SCCA cars with my father when I was a teenager... 15 years later I am getting back into racing. FINALLY! a lot of you have already been a big help and I look forward to speaking with you all moving forward. take care

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #529 on: October 20, 2014, 03:28:47 pm »
Welcome to our little forum, Bob!!!
I hope you are enjoying the site. Lots of good folks here that will help with any questions you have. If you need help with anything site related, message me. Anything else I can help with as well.

Steve

Offline Cl45music

« Reply #530 on: November 06, 2014, 09:09:45 pm »
Hi everyone! My name is Colt, I'm 31 and I live in Athens, Ga. I have been reading posts and doing research on this site for at least a month or so.  So I decided it was time I said hi and and thanks for the vast knowledge that is on this forum. I have learned so much from you guys!!

I am looking into maybe buying a legend car at some point in the "hopefully soon" future if finances allow.
Been a racing fan for many years but have never thought or considered that it might be something I could actually afford to do myself for fun. I have never raced anything competitively and I am by no means a " master mechanic", but I have been researching for a while to see if legends racing is something I could afford to do.
I have driven stock cars at driving schools and such and am planning to test drive a legend car at Atlanta Motor Speedway as soon as schedule will allow. Also looking forward to attending AMS "winter flurry series "over the next few months to learn as much as I can about what it takes to run and maintain one of these babies.

I do have a family and with our finances I would be pulling the car in a 7 x 12 open trailer behind the family Honda odyysey :)
Since Gresham Motorsports Park and Lanier National Speedway ( both tracks less than 20 miles from me) have both shut down, the closest Legends tracks to me are Atlanta Motor Speedway and Anderson Motor Speedway in SC. Both tracks that are over 80 miles from me.
I have no dreams of going beyond legends and probably wouldnt be able to run more than 10 to 15  races a year if that.
But to just own the car and have the opportunity to maintain it and race it is a thrill that I never thought would be possible for me.

Obviously still working out the details, but hopefully one day soon :)

Thanks everyone again for all the knowledge!

-Colt

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #531 on: November 07, 2014, 05:36:48 am »
Welcome Colt !
Glad you are enjoying the forum. Thanks for the introduction.
Lots of good info on test drives, buying a used car and maitenance in the old threads.
Best of luck!

Steve

Offline CarsTooCoolToBeIgnored

• Legends: Cars Too Cool to be Ignored!
« Reply #532 on: November 13, 2014, 11:07:34 am »
Hi there!

Lisa, in northern NC, here... (by way of Chicago)

Long story short, my hubby (Ken) a former racer in IN of everything w/ wheels (back in the 80s) and I frequent our local short tracks (OCS & SoBo).   

Basically, I'm a chimp and couldn't care less about the cookie-cutter Late Models, etc., but I love the Legends series.

I started chatting w/ a couple of the Legends drivers on Facebook, after a meet n greet at SoBo where they weren't to BE met or greeted lol, and shortly thereafter started a group on FB to help promote  the series,  teams, sponsors and races in a POSITIVE fashion.

Ran across you folks when one of our new members mentioned a race they have coming up....   so, here I am...  our group on FB is called, "Legends: Cars Too Cool to be Ignored !!    If there is ANYTHING we can do for you, please don't hesitate to look us up :)

Looking forward to Legends chat ~ how great that there's a site for like-minded folks  :)
Come join us on Facebook and help us spread the word about your series, team,  sponsors and the tracks which host you!!! If there is ANYTHING we can do ~ PLEASE LET US KNOW !!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #533 on: November 13, 2014, 09:08:14 pm »
Welcome Lisa!
Hope you enjoy our little space here on the net.
Checked out your fb page and joined. Always good to get other sources of info.
If there is anything I can help you with here on the site, just send me a maessage.

Steve

Offline Grimace

« Reply #534 on: November 17, 2014, 06:48:10 pm »
Greetings from the western suburbs of Chicago, folks! I'm Ben.

I am 37 years old and haven't done much racing beyond AutoX and a perhaps a hundred laps or so in karts, but I guess you could say I've gotten the bug and am looking to pick up a Legends car over the winter. I'm pretty well convinced that a Legends car will be about as far as I'll ever want to go in racing, and I'm at peace with that. It seems like a heck of a lot of fun and it's almost affordable!

My budget will be pretty tight and this will pretty much deplete my  "fun and games fund" for the year once I figure in the cost of transportation, spares, etc. So my goals for 2015 will be pretty modest and I won't be shopping for a "ringer", obviously. Getting my feet wet with a solid car is more my agenda.

I want to get to know the car inside and out, find a local track to do a test and tune, maybe use it for a track day or two, and then maybe get it out into a race as a backmarker. Personally, I'd consider that to be a successful 2015.

I'm more interested in road racing, however it seems here in the Midwest, it's mostly the ovals, and I'm ok with that as well. I'm now starting my search for track information (what tracks run legends races? Where can I take the car for test and tunes and such) and I'm also starting to get into technical information. Time frame for getting a car will probably be late winter or early spring.

I'm looking forward to being as much of an information sponge as possible.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #535 on: November 17, 2014, 06:55:11 pm »
Welcome to the site.

For asphalt, the closest track to you that races would be Hawkeye Downs in Iowa.
You can test and tune at Rockford, but they do not race Legends there anymore.
A lot more options on dirt in Iowa and Wisconsin.

If you're looking to road race, I believe the Midwest Council allows Legends to race with the Spec Miata's. That would give you races at Blackhawk Farms, Autobahn, Road America, and I believe Mid Ohio.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Grimace

« Reply #536 on: November 17, 2014, 07:23:25 pm »
Excellent information there! I really appreciate it.

On the learning curve, bell curve,I still feel very much on the flat portion. I don't yet know enough to know what questions to be asking. Not that you all aren't a friendly bunch, but when you're just starting out it's tough to get all the pieces to fit, so every little bit helps. Fortunately for me, I am not the first person to ask most of these questions and I do know how to use a search function!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #537 on: November 17, 2014, 08:18:59 pm »
Not sure what tracks are near you, but we have a few members that do some road racing. Perhaps they can give you some insight.

Thanks for the introduction! If you need help navigating the site or questions about old threads, do not hesitate to pm me.

Steve

Offline Bentracin

« Reply #538 on: December 10, 2014, 01:09:13 am »
Hello Everyone,

I am Alvin, newbie here. Nice to meet you all. Hope we'll stay in touch.

Thanks

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #539 on: December 10, 2014, 05:46:29 am »
Hi Alvin,

Hope you are enjoying the site.

Steve

anything