Author Topic: Lajoies seat  (Read 5091 times)

Offline tom_sutton395

Lajoies seat
« on: August 07, 2018, 05:42:52 pm »
Hey everyone hope your all Ok, I'm thinking about purchasing a lajoies seat for my car, just wondering if anyone has any pics of a lajoies seat fitted to a legend car, how the mounted it, how low it can me etc
Thanks in advance

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Lajoies seat
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 05:15:14 am »
A lot of Legends folks use Lajoie seats. The layback (angle) of the seat is where you will gain head room. I don't really have any good pics I can share with you. SORRY! They have a very good product; But run on the pricey side as far as seats go. I have a Kirkey seat and am perfectly happy with the fit and comfort. Richardson, Butlerbuilt are also good. My 2 cents for what it's worth.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline tom_sutton395

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 11:37:18 am »
Thank you Steve

Offline Legends16

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 12:49:12 pm »
I run a Lajoie custom seat I bought used a few years ago. I absolutely love the seat, it fits me perfectly. They only drawback was mounting it in the car. Its about a size 16 by normal standards with about a 20 degree layback. This seat was originally designed for a modified, not one for a smaller legend car. They are a little bulky compared to some but from a safety aspect I think they are the best. My seat had a box around the shoulder blade area with recessed mounting holes. I was not able to use these holes as they didn't line up with the mounting brackets in the car so I had to drill through the seat. On the bottom portion of the set I had a friend make up a mounting bracket made from square stock and tabs that bolted up to the existing mounts on the floor.

If your having Randy build you a seat tell him what its for and they will build it knowingly of the vehicle. If you can actually make it to him and have him fit you in his jig then even better, otherwise You will have to take your own measurements assuming you are doing a custom seat? Some guys run the "Saturday Night Special" model.

Really take you time mounting it in your car. It can be a struggle, some swearing, some in and out, maybe a beer or three. It tokk me a few attempts to get it where I wanted to. IMO Randy is the best out there. Make sure you get the angle of the belts correct, whether you are going over the top bar in the back or under. Any questions send me a message.

Best of Luck!

Eric

Offline Legends16

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 12:58:49 pm »
Here's a pic of the bottom mounting bracket I mentioned.