Author Topic: What to get?  (Read 5520 times)

Kyle. Daughtery

What to get?
« on: October 30, 2007, 07:36:12 pm »
I've been racing for two years now but in karts and this stuff is completly new to me. I've decided to get into legends to develop my carrear even further. So what I was wondering was what are all the goodies in these cars. For instance what exaust system I read which one I should get somewhere but I can't find it again, which coil system, and is there any differance in the cars such as 37 such and such versus another car? Thanks I will have some more questions soon or after you post but thanks in advance.

Offline Tom Cole

• Administrator
Re: What to get?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 08:03:07 pm »
Kyle,

The chassis are pretty much the same except the coupe's roll cage cuts back right behind the driver's head.  I was told the sedans are a little faster, but we've been beat by both and have beaten both.

If you are going to be racing at an INEX sanctioned points track, you may want to get a sealed 1250 engine because they will tear down the open motors quite often.  Just as in karting, there isn't a huge difference between a good engine, and the best engine.  But the real difference is in the setup and the driver. 

We bought a used 1937 Chevy Coupe with a sealed engine that had been just been rebuilt by GE Chapman.  I then bought a setup manual from Kevin Yeatts.  (available online)  With some minor tweaks, we have been able to adapt the setup and do well.  Once you have the car dialed in, you can adjust it with air pressure.   The engine will run good for quite a while.  We have put over 40 races on ours this year, and it is now down for rebuild.  By the way, that's our car in the upper right hand corner of this site.

anything