Author Topic: Official "Introduce Yourself Thread"  (Read 302507 times)

Offline jnally35

Re: Official "Introduce Yourself Thread"
« Reply #555 on: January 30, 2017, 03:13:39 pm »
Hi, I figured its about time I introduce myself on here. I have been on here for almost a year reading and learning. I am Justin Nally from Waupun, WI. I bought my first legends car last spring and tried to learn as much about it as I could the past year. I started racing last August at Beaver Dam Raceway and only raced 3 races and nationals so this year will be my first full year. Jim Bucher of VMS Motorsports and Jeff Steenbergen of Ultimate Race Cars have helped me out a TON! I  went to NASCAR tech in Moorseville, NC and worked for a few NASCAR race teams a few years back before movign back to WI.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #556 on: January 30, 2017, 03:17:09 pm »
Thank You for the introduction! Jim and Jeff are good folks to know. They have helped me a ton!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Scott75

« Reply #557 on: June 07, 2017, 04:41:30 pm »
Hello, I would like to take a moment to introduce myself.
My name is Scott and I live in Dayton Ohio. I'm originally from Pittsburgh Pa. Back in 1986 I ran a dirt street stock before joining the military. After I got out of the military I ran Karts on dirt for a few years and had a blast ! Then life got into the way and I had other responsibilities to spend my money on .... KIDS ! Lol .
Now that the kids are grown and on their own, I have the itch to get back on the dirt tracks.
I think that for me , the best bang for buck would be in a legends car.
So , that's my intro and I am looking forward to getting to know all of you here !

Scott

Offline El Gringo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #558 on: June 07, 2017, 05:08:41 pm »
Hi Scott welcome, if the racing don't work out make it street legal and terrorize your neighborhood.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #559 on: June 08, 2017, 01:08:23 am »
Scott,
Welcome to our little family!

Thank You for your introduction! Do you have a car yet? There are a few threads on buying new vs used, What to look for buying a used car, Open engine vs sealed engine, etc... If you need help finding info on the site, just message me.

First thing to do is read through the rule book. http://www.uslegendcars.com/documents/2017-rulebook-word---final.pdf
Read through the old threads here on the site. There is a wealth of information!
Post questions. Don't worry if they seem silly. We have all been there! A lot of new members as of late. They can all benefit as well. ;)

We have members all over the USA, as well as members from some 8 other countries. We have members that are looking for a different racing venue to pro racers and dealers. The forum is pretty laid back. I hope you enjoy the site!

Regards,
And Best Of Luck!

Steve

Offline Scott75

« Reply #560 on: June 12, 2017, 08:13:25 pm »
Thank you guys for the welcome. Steve, I don't have a car yet. I'm planning on just watching the racing this year at a few tracks and kind of get to know some people if I can , then buy a car at the end of the season. 

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #561 on: June 13, 2017, 12:05:30 am »
Scott,
That sounds like a good plan. Go down to pits and talk to some of the guys. Most are happy to talk about the series, the cars and answer questions. They will likely tell you every car for sale within 500 miles of you. lol!

Do read through the rules though. Get familiar with the specs of the car and what the rules DO and DO NOT allow.

Regards,

Steve

Offline #57.se

• Flat Out
« Reply #562 on: July 20, 2017, 07:05:14 pm »
All,

Hi, I am Rune, road racing in Sweden. We are about 100+ cars up here now since 2013. Legends became very popular and fast growing in Sweden. As a matter of fact whole Europe & Russia too. But only road racing as far as I know. Dirt and ovals are USA, maybe, down under.  You can read about our track`s at reisa.se (Google).

My car is an old dirt track pulled out from Tennessee history vise I 'we heard, but not sure. Does not matter, Rebuilt for asphalt road now. I am one of few still hanging on to my 1200 open. 1300 sealed is the most popular cause they have more momentum on high rpm they speak?? I did never understand that I keep up with the 1300 on the straight for sure. (Maybe an old Hank Scott engine still working just fine?) We are divided into Pro and Masters/Rookies I am riding in the masters/rookie class, 55 years old and smiling from ear to ear every yard from starting up that old Yamma until I either sit in the tire pile/fence ore manage to pass the checker.

Best regards. # 57.se 37 Ford Sedan 1200 For friendship on face just google rune torp Sweden till u find my #57 car pic for more legends talk.
R Torp, 37 Ford Sedan 1200 open.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #563 on: July 21, 2017, 01:50:05 am »
Rune,

Thank You for your introduction!
It is always a pleasure to talk to you my friend.

Best of luck with the rest of your racing season

Steve

Members,

Anyone that is interested in road racing will really enjoy the tracks and the show that these guys put on. Awesome!!! Most of the sites offer translation to other languages. Sometimes things get a little lost in the translation; But these guys take their racing seriously. Rune is a fun guy to chat with. For those that are on Facebook, look him up and say hello.

Offline #57.se

• Flat Out
« Reply #564 on: July 21, 2017, 07:14:00 pm »
Hi Steve!,

Thanks, maybe if u could revers the pages for last incoming, or maybe I did put the intro on wrong page, else I think nobody will read this introduction page 38 or something.

Thanks

Rune.
R Torp, 37 Ford Sedan 1200 open.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #565 on: July 22, 2017, 12:46:24 am »
Hi Rune,

You put your introduction in the right place. Unfortunately, I do not think I can reverse the order of the pages. I think it has something to do with the program we use. I will look into it and see what we can do about that. Thanks for your input!

Steve

Offline Fastdad

« Reply #566 on: April 07, 2018, 04:22:36 pm »
Hello LegendRacer,

My name is David Steele. I have just run my first race at Langley Speedway in Virginia...these cars are a handful.  I used to run a 600+ hp Dirt Late Model at VMS and it was pretty easy to get the pedal down on that wheel, but these Legends cars... twitchy, loose little gremlin for sure.  I know it'll all come with seat time.  I have gained a lot of valuable information by reading hundreds of posts from all the members, thank you.  I hope to contribute and help others also.

Thank You.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #567 on: April 07, 2018, 09:47:11 pm »
Hi David,

Nice looking car!!! I look forward to watching your season. Please be sure to keep us posted.

Best of luck

Steve

Offline Coastal

« Reply #568 on: November 12, 2018, 05:36:16 pm »
Hello All, my name is Shawn, me and my stepson Dustin(14) live in Nova Scotia, Canada and are just getting started with the legends racing, Dustin races go karts now and will start in the legend next year and run full time the year after. I think I will run the car full time next year. I haven't got into previous threads too far yet, but will over the next month's, any and all info/advice will be appreciated, please chime in with your thoughts/experience, the more we hear, the more we will learn/understand, thanks, Shawn.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #569 on: November 13, 2018, 12:54:49 pm »
Hi Shawn,

Welcome to our little family here at LegendsRacer!
Thanks for the introduction. Do read through the old threads; There is a wealth of knowledge in them.

Best of Luck to you and your son!

Steve

anything