Author Topic: switching from XJ box to FJ box  (Read 6518 times)

Offline jnally35

switching from XJ box to FJ box
« on: February 09, 2017, 07:56:12 am »
So my car right now has the XJ box, coils, and pickup and I am switching to the FJ box and I have a couple questions.

Is the wiring the same that I can I leave the wiring I have in my car and just swap the boxes, coils, and pickup?

The FJ box has the 2nd small vacuum box can I just eliminate that? I have read on here you don't need to have that little vacuum box. If I leave it off is there any different wiring than the wiring diagram on the INEX website besides just not wiring the vacuum box?

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: switching from XJ box to FJ box
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 07:47:07 am »
What I have gathered from past posts is to use the black box with the vacuum. Do not actually hook up the vacuum line. Apparently that hurts the RPM's. Block it off.
I was hoping Randy would jump in and give you advice on this. Perhaps he will still throw out his thoughts. Maybe Jim or some others will toss out their thoughts.

What I have read leads me to think the wiring is the same.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 10:52:46 am »
I have never used the XJ box, just the FJ box, so I can't comment on the wiring, but you should be able to trace your current wiring and compare it to the wiring diagram for the FJ box. I do not use the vacuum assist module, you can just eliminate that from your wiring.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline jnally35

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 12:09:14 pm »
I have never used the XJ box, just the FJ box, so I can't comment on the wiring, but you should be able to trace your current wiring and compare it to the wiring diagram for the FJ box. I do not use the vacuum assist module, you can just eliminate that from your wiring.

See I try not to bug you and ask other people questions and you still answer them anyways!

I planned on just tracing my wiring when I switch I just didn't know if any one would have the quick answer so I could save a few minutes.

awesome I will just eliminate the vacuum box unless someone can tell me why I shouldn't. I was more just curious if I had to run any different wires to "complete the circuit" with deleting the vacuum assist. if that makes any sense. 

Offline jnally35

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 12:11:14 pm »
What I have gathered from past posts is to use the black box with the vacuum. Do not actually hook up the vacuum line. Apparently that hurts the RPM's. Block it off.
I was hoping Randy would jump in and give you advice on this. Perhaps he will still throw out his thoughts. Maybe Jim or some others will toss out their thoughts.

What I have read leads me to think the wiring is the same.

Steve

thanks for the response Steve. Maybe Randy can still throw his thoughts in too.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 01:53:54 pm »
You can "bother" me anytime Justin, that's my job
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

anything