Author Topic: Loose car!  (Read 6610 times)

Offline GriffinBrownRacing

Loose car!
« on: September 15, 2015, 05:19:47 am »
I used the same setup as always,car was a tick loose in practice  1&2 but top 4or 5 fastestest, I thought the track would come to us so I left it,Qualifying car was way loose, 9th fast, tightened up with 1/2 in LR 1/2 out of RR JUNK LOOSE  in heat
another 1/2 in LR and 1/2 out of RR, PLUS added 2lbs to RF for the feature!! Car was pretty good then but got loose again!!
QUESTION why would it get loose later in the run after it was pretty good in the feature???
Usually fighting tight!
It did get dark and cool 50deg.
Thanks!!

Offline williep13

Re: Loose car!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 05:08:00 pm »
Might be tight, loose?  Meaning so tight that the car snaps loose, all the same symptoms of being loose but the car is just to tight.  If it is good when first entering and as the car loads or rolls over then all of sudden loose then your to tight, if it is loose as soon as you start turing the wheel then probably not the case.  If your just loose on throttle then you may want to check your rearend square?

Hopefully this is helpful, hard to say without more information such as setup and track surface, loose on entry, middle or exit, or loose on braking, or throttle off brakes etc. etc.

anything