Author Topic: LOOSE off  (Read 6437 times)

Offline OLDONE

LOOSE off
« on: May 31, 2017, 04:57:13 pm »
Hello i am a beginner to asphalt and legend cars and i want to keep up in the corners but when i do, i loop it.  Seems to be loose off.  I have about 30 laps in the car thus far as of saturday.  We are not getting pulled in the straightaway at all so i have no complaints.  Right now my coils are rf 300  lf 280  lr 200  rr 200   I put a turn into the right front shock before the heat and it helped, so i put another half turn in the rf before the main and it made no diff.  I was told by one fellow to take away two threads on the sway bar.  Any help appreciated,  this is all new to me.  thank you in advance

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: LOOSE off
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 12:23:20 am »
First; There is no sway bar on a legends car.

Of course, seat time is always a good teacher. With that said, I have some questions to ask.
What racing experience do you have?
What track are you racing at?
 Size?
 Banking?
Have you scaled your car?
What are your corner weights?
What tire pressures are you running?
What are your ride heights?
Is the rear end square in the chassis, or offset?

Not trying to be rude... But need a little more information to even begin guessing what the issue may be. Front springs seem rather stiff to me. But that is just my opinion. I do know people that run stiff springs. If you do not want to post your current set up; Message me, and we will see where you are at.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 10:21:36 am »
Are you running new right side tires and old left side? The difference in cut and wear could cause excessive stagger for your particular set-up. Otherwise I would make sure the rear end is square with the chassis. having a shorter left side wheelbase can cause a loose off condition. I'm no asphalt guy, just a couple thoughts
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline ZForceRacing01

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 01:53:58 am »
I've had those springs in my car and I was Tight/Loose meaning It would be ok on entry, and then it wouldn't rotate the corner. I'd have so much wheel in it by the time the car released it would snap loose. I would spin out before I knew what the hell was going on.

I would try 250 LF 275 RF
                 185 LR 200 RR it is kind of a good spring starting point for asphalt.

See if that helps.

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" , George Orwell

"In war it does not matter who was right, only who is left", Anonymous