Author Topic: Brake Update  (Read 85011 times)

Offline amp racing

Re: Brake Update
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2013, 07:41:44 pm »
wildwood has a master to match those brakes calipers...not inex approved yet..
 joe

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2013, 08:32:48 pm »
Just what I was afraid of after reading Randy's very good and thorough explaination of the brake caliper surface area of the old Toyota vs.  new Wilwood caliper.   Sounds like next new item may be a new Wilwood master cylinder with INEX stamp on it.  I am hoping that the guys who will be trying this new brake package will find out that the current master cylinder will work OK with the new Wilwood brake calipers.   Otherwise, where does this stop?  If the master cylinder requires to be changed also, then new brake lines will be required also as most Wilwood master cylinder utilize AN type fittings as far as I recall.  Pretty soon the average weekly racer just trying to have fun will be broke and finished.   Sometimes change is good and sometimes not.....As I said before,  only time will tell.  Anxious to hear back initial results with those with the new brakes.
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

knoxracing

« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2013, 09:27:17 pm »
The whole system was tested by multiple teams, NONE had issues that they felt were a problem. Doug Stevens may be the most popular set up guy out there and he liked the whole thing. They tested large and small piston Wilwood calipers, different compound pads and they all felt this was the best combo. This was not a stab in the dark, this was well tested.

Offline phylzub02

« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2013, 09:39:51 pm »
Any Ideas If They Are Going To Ever get Rid Of The ancient Drum  Brakes On These Like The Thunder Cars have on them????thanks frank

knoxracing

« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2013, 09:48:04 pm »
Frank they originally tested the rears, the fronts became a e true problem due to supply and demand for a better product.

knoxracing

« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2013, 09:57:28 pm »
The formula of piston size to master cylinder ratio negates one important part. The piston area has increased by 50% per caliper, BUT the pad surface area has been greatly decreased. This is critical if you are trying to compare the new to old.

Offline svtmatt

« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2013, 08:43:27 am »
I'm actually surpised there's not a new master cylinder that goes with this package.  Its another opportunity for INEX to bring a part completely in house from a supply perspective and provide a quality racing part to us versus a aftermarket OEM part that we can buy from several different outlets besides our dealers. 

I'd welcome a new, racing quality master cylinder if it was offered.

MT 
Matt Todd
Michgan Legends #8

Offline Hyerflyer2

« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2013, 11:39:45 am »
I received my new brakes on Monday and have purchased  the most aggressive pad that currently can be bought for that caliper from summit racing for $80.50 just so I can personally feel the difference between the pads that cone with the package and the new pads I bought

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2013, 01:28:54 pm »
Hyerflyer2....Regarding the aggressive pads you bought for that caliper from Summit Racing for $80.50.  Is that price for brake pads for one caliper or both calipers?

Thanks!
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline Hyerflyer2

« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2013, 01:39:21 pm »
Both with free shipping

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2013, 08:28:27 pm »
I'm actually surpised there's not a new master cylinder that goes with this package.  Its another opportunity for INEX to bring a part completely in house from a supply perspective and provide a quality racing part to us versus a aftermarket OEM part that we can buy from several different outlets besides our dealers. 

I'd welcome a new, racing quality master cylinder if it was offered.

MT 

Wilwood (and others) offer some nice master cylinders. I think, with the brake caliper change, it will just be a matter of time.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline racerrad8

• Raduechel Performance Motorsports
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2013, 11:33:39 pm »
Well, it is 11:30pm EST so there are now races complete and those who have used the new calipers.

Any product reports on the first night out?

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM
randy@rpmracingca.com
2010 INEX/Intercomp Raceteam of the Year.
2009 INEX National and World Champion, Thunder Roadster.

Offline slack11

« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2013, 07:43:59 am »
We were cancelled this weekend, it was a low of 25 degrees Saturday night.......  No one up here got a chance to race with them yet.

Offline s10custom

• It is what it is
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2013, 09:29:40 am »
After losing 2 of the caliber sliders in 2 consecutive weeks I will probably buy the system anyway.

Robert

Offline racerrad8

• Raduechel Performance Motorsports
« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2013, 01:06:36 pm »
After losing 2 of the caliber sliders in 2 consecutive weeks I will probably buy the system anyway.

Robert

Robert,

If you throw away the little "hair pin" clips and use safety wire on the slides you will never lose another.

I did that back in 1994 and I have not lost one since...

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM
randy@rpmracingca.com
2010 INEX/Intercomp Raceteam of the Year.
2009 INEX National and World Champion, Thunder Roadster.