Author Topic: Brake Update  (Read 85011 times)

knoxracing

Re: Brake Update
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2013, 12:08:09 pm »
They turned atleast 500 laps and the pads are still good to go, thats a fact and that is proven!!!!! If you have your own proof bring it and we will discuss it!!!!

BRAD, lol- I got my ass chewed because a certain person raised hell for offering a discount here, I am standing behind my offer and it will as yours stay. I am shipping several sets to several states TODAY! Brad, Keep selling to anyone that orders parts and do not worry about it. By the way, the e-mailer to USLC did not have the nads to sign his name- imagine that!

So whoever has an axe to grind with me and Buckeye legends Call USLC and let them know that we are shipping today, nevermind, they already know!

USLC HAS ORDERED PADS FOR THE NEW CALIPER THROUGH BRAKEMAN< THEY WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON! THE ORDER WAS SIGNED YESTERDAY!

Offline racerrad8

• Raduechel Performance Motorsports
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2013, 12:11:18 pm »
... Give it a bit for them to produce these and the others will be available), just as there are with the current system.

Why do you have to wait. The caliper is being sent from INEX with the cheapest pad that is offer for the caliper...

Here are all of the pads offered by Wilwood for that caliper;

http://www.wilwood.com/BrakePads/BrakePadsList.aspx?padtype=6812

I know that I already have several compounds available for this pad from Porterfield. I have not checked but I am sure most other pad manufactures have pads for this caliper also.

I cant for the life of me figure out why guys are complaining about this system. it is $389 for the entire kit, saves 15lbs, and performs as well as the $800-$1000 brakeman stuff. The new system eliminates the crappy shims and springs that we currently have (that require weekly maintenance to perform correctly.

I am not complaining, I am just passing along my experience with this product. I am a racer who has been using this caliper on an USLCI manufactured car for over 8 years, it is not the best application for this car. The caliper list prices on the Wilwood website for $106.79. So, two of those equals $213.58 plus the $42.45 equals $256.03. So, you have $132.97 for two mounting brackets and hose.

http://www.wilwood.com/Calipers/CaliperList.aspx?subname=Dynapro%20Single

Don't, worry you will be working on these caliper more often than you did with the stock calipers. I only get two years out of the calipers on the rear of my roadsters. The issue that I find the most is the wear of the steel piston inside the aluminum caliper bore and the galling that occurs as the pad get thinner & thinner.

There are also shims that need to be replaced every 2-3 sets of pads as they lose there tension and also get grooves which cause the pads to hang up;

http://www.rpmracingca.com/proddetail.asp?prod=Brakes%3ATRBPS

I wonder how long it will take BM to come up with a round seal for these calipers as well and reduce the drag. Will that then be illegal like it is on the original caliper? The Toyota caliper was never offer with a round o-ring, only a square cut thus making that change illegal per the "as delivered" section of the rulebook.

Oh well, between this new addition and the mandatory engine resealing program I really hope my Speedway Motorsport (TRK) stock goes way up and I can finally see a profit on my investment of 19 years.

Randy - RPM

Randy - RPM
randy@rpmracingca.com
2010 INEX/Intercomp Raceteam of the Year.
2009 INEX National and World Champion, Thunder Roadster.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2013, 12:15:25 pm »
Brad,
I dont have a problem with the new brake caliper, just don't think the pad that they are offering with it is worth anything to the asphalt racer
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

knoxracing

« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2013, 12:20:43 pm »
Randy, you do post some good stuff and I appreciate it as you are probably the only one to have used this caliper. We will see how it goes.
 Since Brakeman used Wilwood o-rings in the Celica caliper it would not seem likely they would need to change these o-rings since they are Wilwood calipers. Just my logic!

Offline racerrad8

« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2013, 12:27:20 pm »
Randy, you do post some good stuff and I appreciate it as you are probably the only one to have used this caliper. We will see how it goes.
 Since Brakeman used Wilwood o-rings in the Celica caliper it would not seem likely they would need to change these o-rings since they are Wilwood calipers. Just my logic!

Well, since Wilwood does not offer the caliper with an "O"-ring only square cut, we'll see how long it takes for BM to offer that kit.

You say USLCI has signed a contract with BM, does that mean BM will not be offering any other pads as they supplying the proprietary pad for INEX?

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM
randy@rpmracingca.com

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2013, 12:40:02 pm »
They turned atleast 500 laps and the pads are still good to go, thats a fact and that is proven!!!!! If you have your own proof bring it and we will discuss it!!!!

BRAD, lol- I got my ass chewed because a certain person raised hell for offering a discount here, I am standing behind my offer and it will as yours stay. I am shipping several sets to several states TODAY! Brad, Keep selling to anyone that orders parts and do not worry about it. By the way, the e-mailer to USLC did not have the nads to sign his name- imagine that!

So whoever has an axe to grind with me and Buckeye legends Call USLC and let them know that we are shipping today, nevermind, they already know!

USLC HAS ORDERED PADS FOR THE NEW CALIPER THROUGH BRAKEMAN< THEY WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON! THE ORDER WAS SIGNED YESTERDAY!

Well look at that Dennis, we have something in common, though I havent heard from USLC in a few months for supposedly selling their parts too cheap as a particular dealer reported to them
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline slack11

« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2013, 12:56:29 pm »
Randy,
  do you see this caliper as a major upgrade from the calipers that we use now?  Just curious, and you seem to know both systems pretty well. 

Thanks

Offline racerrad8

« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2013, 01:15:44 pm »
Randy,
  do you see this caliper as a major upgrade from the calipers that we use now?  Just curious, and you seem to know both systems pretty well. 

Thanks

I do not know yet. I have only seen the single picture posted here and I really can't answer that until I have the caliper in hand and I can check it out. My concern is the position size and how it is going to effect the master cylinder.

The two sizes offer previously was 2 & 2.125" for a total piston surface of 4 or 4.250" for the front calipers.

Now, unless the caliper has a specific, propriety bore size, the piston surface are is now going to be 1.380" per piston or 2.760" per caliper or 1.750" per piston and 3.0" per caliper. So, the combined front caliper size is now 5.52" or 6" and the current master cylinder is not going to be able to take up two (2) more inches of surface area.

That is why they had to go from the 19mm M/C on the roadster to the 1". But that was too big of a jump and the car would not hardly stop, so USLCI had the 2.250 brake calipers cast and that is what they install now in place of the 2 or 2 1/4" Toyota caliper.

Dennis, if you have them in hand, can you take some better quality pictures of the caliper, brackets and the remainder of the parts?

Since I am one the other side of the country, I have to wait 5+ days to get the kits out here to my dealer and couple of days from him to me.

Do, I think it is a "major" upgrade the answer is no. But I cannot speak to the rest of the system until I actually get them in hand and I can offer a educated opinion.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM
randy@rpmracingca.com

knoxracing

« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2013, 01:45:16 pm »
Randy I sent  you several photos, let me know if you do not receive them!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2013, 02:37:41 pm »
Dennis,

Could you please post them so you are not getting a ton of requests for pics?
If you need help posting them send me a message and I will do what I can.

Light flurries; But I am determined to go into town and load up my car come hell or snow today. lol!
I'll be back in a few hours.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2013, 02:52:46 pm »

Well, since Wilwood does not offer the caliper with an "O"-ring only square cut, we'll see how long it takes for BM to offer that kit.

You say USLCI has signed a contract with BM, does that mean BM will not be offering any other pads as they supplying the proprietary pad for INEX?

Randy - RPM
As of 1:32pm today, I am told that Brake Man has no affiliations with USLC, and has pads available for the new calipers.
I have some sets of every available compound on the way; #2, #3, #84, and #85
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

knoxracing

« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2013, 03:43:07 pm »
LOL Jim. everything has to be so tense with you, he said she said, quoting quotes, posting past statement. Do you think I dreamed up the statement about USLC selling brake Man pads, wholy cow. When the President of USLC tells me he signed a PO for Brake Man pads, I would say its so.  If you choose to believe otherwise or want to try harder to prove something have at it. The fact is they will be carrying brake Man pads.  This is getting real old Jim!

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2013, 04:58:20 pm »
I quote things because that is the easiest way for people to see what I am responding to, especially when there are other posts in between. Why you always choose to take it personally and escalate things, I don't understand.

I don't think you dreamt up anything, but I don't think Brake Man would lie about it either, as it would not be in their best interest.
I have nothing to prove, I said that the #10 pads are not going to last long for asphalt applications, and that opinion is backed up by Wilwood's own description and by Randy.
I also said that Brake Man says they don't have a contract with USLC. I don't need to prove anything. Thats what they said.

You're right Dennis, it's getting old, but you're the one who always escalates things into a personal pissing match, not me.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2013, 05:37:49 pm »
OK...I think we ALL need to take a deep breath and settle down.  I have read some very interesting material as this thread goes along, but let's not get carried away.  We all are anxious to see just what the new brakes have to offer and how they will truly work with our cars.  We need to be patient to see how they work after those who install them on their cars can report back as to how they actual work in a real race situation.  If brakeman or whomever offers better pads that last longer, great.   It truly amazes me sometimes how we all get caught up in a rule change(myself included) when their are much worse things happening in this world like the bombings in Boston.

Just trying to be the voice of reason.... :)
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2013, 05:45:40 pm »
Thank You Mark! Was just about to post something similar myself.

So people should be getting the new calipers very soon. Lets see what the reports are from our members that bought them and go from there.
Dennis and Randy already said there are other pad compounds available. Which ones work best will be up to driver preference and track.
Time will tell. Until we start seeing results from those using the new system, lets just calm down and see what the folks report back.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.