Author Topic: Next Problem  (Read 15371 times)

Offline El Gringo

• Global Moderator
Re: Next Problem
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2017, 01:12:34 pm »
Thanks 90Legend, after looking at the part and the positions on my car I had about decided that it needed changed. Do I go all the way forward, or backward?? This car will never be raced while I own it, I'm much to old and have to take three Ibuprofens just to get in and out of it.

Offline Jason Treschl Racing

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2017, 06:28:56 am »
You can run them either forward or backwards. Forward is slightly less available steering angle and backwards is slightly more. Check clearances around your steering arms and that may affect which way you go. Also remember to check/reset your front toe after you change them.
Jason Treschl
#31 Semi Pro
2015 New Senoia Raceway Track Champion-Dirt Legends of GA

Offline El Gringo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2017, 01:15:26 pm »
Thanks again, I wish we had some charts for starting a setup for the various circles, road race, and autocross. When you are where I am, at square one, block one, on the road to Legendville it's like being a left handed spastic spider monkey trying to get to the next limb. There are dozens of choices for every adjustment and no one standing there to tell you which way to go.

Offline RPM

• Raduechel Performance Motorsports
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2017, 02:04:24 pm »
Put the same spring rate across the front & rear. The rate you choose will be based on the ride quality you desire.

What springs do you have now?

I would set the ride heights the same side to side and the rear having a slight rake with you in the car.

Set the front end to:

3* of positive caster
.5* if negative camber

The tie rods should be set as far forward as possible, that will do a couple of things. It will "slow" the steering down for street use and allow the steering rack to turn farther below the tie-rod contacts the shock.

Set the toe at 1/8" - 3/16" out and enjoy.

Randy - RPM

Offline El Gringo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2017, 02:26:07 pm »
Thanks Randy, the front springs are LF 175 and RF 171.  The 171 might really be a 175. Not easy to read.