Author Topic: New master and rebuilt calipers. No front pressure  (Read 10174 times)

Offline 96Formula6spd

New master and rebuilt calipers. No front pressure
« on: May 07, 2013, 11:09:43 am »
Hey guy so we are working on our USC car trying to get the car to stop. Anyways we found our front calipers to be shot and leaking or sized. So we replaced the one and rebuilt the other. Then we found our master leaking really bad so we ordered a new non-rebuilt cardone master cylinder. Now we are running into a problem. We are bleeding the brakes and our rear brakes are working fine but we can spin the fronts. All of the air is out of the system but still zero pressure in the front. Any ideas or tricks that people have found to fix this?

Offline IraceLegends77

Re: New master and rebuilt calipers. No front pressure
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 11:28:23 am »
Pads are not seated. Take a close look at the bottom of the pad and  make sure they are in the correct place.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline Earnst85

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 11:43:08 am »
Do you have your lines for the front brakes plumbed to the front ports on the master cylinder?
Chad Earnst #85
Central PA Legends

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 11:45:56 am »
Another question is do you have a proportioning valve installed on the front brakes?

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 02:36:28 pm »
Tyson,

Emailing you a brake plumbing diagram.

Steve

Offline legends13

• Northeast Legends
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 04:16:33 pm »
I second the comment about the pads not being seated correctly. look at the inside pad, and adjust it.
Brad Salatino
Northeast Legends - Authorized USLC Dealer

Offline phylzub02

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 07:50:24 pm »
make real sure that the lines from reservoir are not plugged...had this problem, but on  the rear...

Offline 96Formula6spd

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 01:11:08 pm »
Well its not the first time with brakes. Pads are in there correct spot. Both front lines are in the master with no bias valve. The rear has one line in the back of the master. We also have one of the rear spots blocked off. We did have a bias valve for the rear which we thought was broken so we deleted it and just put a straight piece of line to the back. That did not change anything. I think the next thing is to clean all the lines in the system. Back seems to work fine so I don't think that is our problem.  Tho we should clean them up anyways.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 10:06:31 pm »
Did Tyson show you the brake diagram?
As you all seem to be shy on posting pics, and poor on descriptions; It is not always easy to tell where your at.
Not that the 15" tires are going to cause your front brake issues; But they are going to cause their own issues on handling and braking.

Steve

Offline tbevirt

• Beer
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 01:36:42 pm »
Yeah, we've looked over the diagram. It looks right. I want to bleed them at the nut on the master and see if we have pressure there. Also checking to see if the feed lines aren't plugged is something worth checking out for sure. Otherwise, I dont really know.

Offline amp racing

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2013, 04:25:06 pm »
i thought you said you had bleed the fronts but no pressure... this is what you need to do... push the fliud into the bleeder screws until you have fluid and no bubbles in the master cylinder, it will overflow.. do the same on side two.... sometimes the piston will go forward and become air locked by reverse bleeding it will push the piston back to correct position.. 

joe

Offline 96Formula6spd

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 02:09:45 pm »
Aright we can try a reverse bleed. I know we got the lines right as we had a 70-74 vw service manual sitting around. We used that to check the lines going into the master. We may just have to clean the lines. Could be a bad new master? Never know as it could have been sitting on the shelf for years at rock auto. 

Offline amp racing

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2013, 12:34:46 pm »
did you ever get your brakes fixed?

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2013, 12:38:01 pm »
Car seems to be on hold at the moment as far as I know. The kids are all on summer break.

Steve