Author Topic: Track Tac® Chili Oil  (Read 25029 times)

Offline Tom Cole

• Administrator
Track Tac® Chili Oil
« on: November 24, 2007, 09:34:13 am »
Have any of you Bando racers tried this?  It is quickly becoming the rage in karting.  I don't know if your oil filter would effect it or not.  I'll ask Randy from Track Tac to check in.  I've started selling it and want to know if it may be something that will work in Bandos.

Offline gramps05

Re: Track Tac® Chili Oil
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 10:10:28 am »
Have you tried it in the Legend car yet? Will it effect clutch operation?

Offline Tom Cole

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 12:51:13 pm »
I have not tried it yet in the legends.  I was told it won't negatively effect the wet clutch.   I want to play with it some first.  I have a Land and Sea computer controlled dyno for engines  like the Bando engine or a kart engine and was going to play with it in one of those cheap clone engines.

Offline elimn8u_43

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 02:44:44 pm »
Send me a free sample pack and I will try it for you ;D. I have never heard of it anywheres up here. If it is good and it works I would definately be interested in trying it in the Bando.

Geoff

Offline Tom Cole

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 03:23:34 pm »
I'd like Randy from TT to chime in on any potential interaction with the oil filter first.   I don't have any free samples right now.
On a 5HP flathead Briggs WKA "stocker" engine this stuff is said to make peak torque 300-500 RPM sooner in the RPM range and make peak HP 300-500 RPM higher in the RPM range.  Temperatures are from 20° to 40° cooler and it makes .2 more horsepower.  Randy told me that on a molecular level, the stuff looks like a string.  Shortly after running in the engine, the strings get rolled up into little balls and stay that way, acting like tiny ball bearings.
It comes in syringes of 2.5ml for $7 each or $6.50 for 10.   Each syringe is good for one oil change in a small engine.  A legengds would take a lot more, and probably could be cheaper if it was a larger, single syringe.

Offline elimn8u_43

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 05:20:37 pm »
Definately interested for the Bando. Let me know what you find out about interactionwith the oil filter.

Geoff

Offline B.E.I

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 07:11:51 am »
I'd like Randy from TT to chime in on any potential interaction with the oil filter first.   I don't have any free samples right now.
On a 5HP flathead Briggs WKA "stocker" engine this stuff is said to make peak torque 300-500 RPM sooner in the RPM range and make peak HP 300-500 RPM higher in the RPM range.  Temperatures are from 20° to 40° cooler and it makes .2 more horsepower.  Randy told me that on a molecular level, the stuff looks like a string.  Shortly after running in the engine, the strings get rolled up into little balls and stay that way, acting like tiny ball bearings.
It comes in syringes of 2.5ml for $7 each or $6.50 for 10.   Each syringe is good for one oil change in a small engine.  A legengds would take a lot more, and probably could be cheaper if it was a larger, single syringe.

I will be talking to randy today.I will let him know that he is being paged.Sorry Tom didn't relize that was you till now.you talk to him more than me prob.

Ed
Ed

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 07:57:40 am »
This thread is from 2007, but always interested in oppinions.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline B.E.I

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 05:10:01 pm »
So now that i see this is a old post.What oil do most racers use in the legend?
Ed

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 06:26:04 pm »
This is the Bandolero forum. Lots of oil discussion to be found in the Legend forum
Amsoil 10W40 for our Legends
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline B.E.I

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 09:45:06 pm »
Sorry.Maby just maby,I will learn to read befor i post. :-[
Ed

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 10:20:28 pm »
Happens all the time, no worries...I'll just call you out on it until you learn!  ;D
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Tom Cole

• Administrator
Re: Re: Track Tac® Chili Oil
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 09:48:15 pm »
Steve, Big Ed (BEI) is a one of the other mods on 4cycle.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2010, 10:56:26 pm »
Hi Tom,

Yep!... I knew that. We exchanged a couple of PMs, and I recognized the handle from Bob's. Hadn't been on that site for awhile; But Ed reminded me that it was still there.
Actually, 4cycle is what brought me to this site.

OK... Back on topic... I would like to hear more about kart oils as related to the bando cars. I'm sure that it will turn out the same as with any debate about oil... Personal preference and/or good experiences with the oil of choice. I chose to go with a Valvoline synthetic oil in my kart project because of personal experiences with their product. I would still like to hear more on this product and see if it can cross over into the larger engines that are in the bando cars. This thread never really played out enough to come to any conclusions.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline jdracing

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2010, 11:08:54 pm »
I have a motor that is 4 years old and is a horse still.I use Mobile 1 0-30 fully synthetic and change it every 2 races.

anything