Author Topic: Bodies  (Read 6949 times)

Offline DLR96

Bodies
« on: October 12, 2016, 03:14:28 am »
Do they still make the Dodge bodie's.
I don't see them at all in Australia and they are not on the spares list?

Offline JayB

Re: Bodies
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 09:56:02 am »
I'm new to this. So maybe a more experienced member can help me out here. But from what I know they don't make the Dodge bodies anymore. When I bought my car from INEX a few months ago I only saw Chevy and Ford coupes and sedans.
Jay Berrios Driver of the #25 Chevy Coupe             Follow me on twitter please @Jay_Berrios

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 12:49:07 am »
I don't recall seeing any Dodge bodies lately. As of their sites last update, I did not see the Dodge body listed.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

fastfred02

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 11:48:05 am »
Is it a coupe?

I might need a replacement for my Dodge coupe, and I think the other bubble coupe bodies would probably work.

I need to speak with my local dealer soon. I'll ask and report back.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 02:03:30 pm »
Is it a coupe?

I might need a replacement for my Dodge coupe, and I think the other bubble coupe bodies would probably work.

I need to speak with my local dealer soon. I'll ask and report back.

They offered a coupe and a sedan. The bodies were similar to the '37 Chevy bodies. The grill uses a fiberglass nose piece like the '34 Fords and has a strip down the middle. The grill itself looks narrower.  Hood, Nose piece and grill are still listed on the outdated INEX site. Perhaps they might still have some laying around the warehouse. ???

Steve

Offline DLR96

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 04:00:26 am »
I really like the shape of the coupe...we currently have a 34 ford coupe and I'd say after another season it will need replacing and the Dodge was our first option.....i hope they still have them

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 04:50:13 pm »
I really like the shape of the coupe...we currently have a 34 ford coupe and I'd say after another season it will need replacing and the Dodge was our first option.....i hope they still have them

Any chance you could patch things back together enough to make a mold and layup your own pieces?

Steve

Offline DLR96

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 02:47:37 pm »
I could do that but I was more looking towards getting the Dodge body but if it's not a available anymore then we keep what we have.

Offline DoubleZero

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 08:22:03 pm »
I just went to Charlotte two weeks ago and visited the factory.  The guys there tell me that most people run a 34 Ford Coupe body and the 37 Chevy fenders/grill/hood.  If you look at the 37 grill, it does not have the fiberglass "horse collar" around it so in theory the air flow is better.  Note that if you change the grill you will need to also change the fenders and hood per the 2016 rule book.  Not sure all of that change is worth the month compared to what those dollars would do with other things on the car.  Hope this helps.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2016, 12:38:39 am »
He was asking about the Dodge body.

As to using the '34 Ford body with the '37 Chevy grill, hood and fenders; A lot of people say this creates more air flow to the engine.

Steve

Offline DLR96

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2016, 05:09:57 am »
At present we have 37 grill and hood with 34 ford coupe body

anything