Author Topic: a good start  (Read 18577 times)

Offline qweedqwag

a good start
« on: May 22, 2007, 09:34:26 pm »
This is a setup by a very well know Masters driver we will call him CH for short
Springs
LF 250 RF 275
LR 185  RR 200 or 225 depanding on track size and temp
Camber LF  2.5 to 2.75  RF - 4.5 to 4.75
Caster LF O  RF +3
73 inches on the right side 73 3/16 on the left
Toe  1/8
left side air 20 right side 26 adjust + or -  1/2 turn in one corner only
ride heights LF 3.75 RF 3.75 LR 4 RR4 +
1/4 inch of stagger
Cross 49.5
Lossen up a car with 1/2 turn in RR only
Tighten up a car with 1/2 turn in the LR only

Offline gramps05

Re: a good start
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 08:26:41 am »
Set up is very similar to what we run. Are you running the rear end square, and are you leeding the RF or LF?

Offline DARK AGE 53

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 06:24:00 pm »
The set up on my sons car is very close to what you posted, we're changing the front springs to 200RF and 225LF,.....the springs that were in the car were to heavy for his style of driving.
POW/MIA - YOU ARE LOST BUT NOT FORGOTTEN IN SOUTHEAST ASIA

Offline qweedqwag

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 07:11:17 pm »
Lead the car with the right front keep the rear end square unless you know what you are doing, if you cock the rear end it will be very loose and you will have to tighten the car up, maybe to much for mid corner however, experimenting is what the name of the game is all about, you might hit on something that work for you.

Offline Tom Cole

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 07:31:05 am »
My left front is leading my right front similar to the setup posted above.  The rear end is squared.

redneckracing

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 09:44:21 pm »
what type track is this for?? (flat short track or banked large track)

Offline qweedqwag

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 10:53:40 pm »
Any track if you are running a high banked track run a 200 lb spring in theRR if running a flatter track use a 225 in the RR.

speedyracing11

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 12:51:30 pm »
Why would you post someones setup on a web page for everyone to see.It doesn't seem right.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 01:04:51 pm »
Because that's what this forum is about; Racers Helping Racers.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline qweedqwag

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 12:24:05 pm »
Amen Freaky, setups aren't locked down tight lipped end all secrets plus I paid for it so that makes me feel I can share if I want.

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 09:06:09 am »
the only question I have is that it looks like you are running toe out.  why?  There are those that I race with who run toe out as well and one guy runs toe in and he won the track championship.  I know that doesnt mean much be said that you want to do everything you can to get the car to turn left and running toe out makes no sence to him either.

jon8j

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2007, 04:21:52 pm »
We run the toe at 1/8" out so that when the suspension travels, under braking, it evens out at zero.  You can make micro adjustments in the toe to change "feel", but be very cautious!  You can make it twitchy really easily!
JB

Offline Jason Stix Buckley

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 04:14:35 pm »
Amen Freaky, setups aren't locked down tight lipped end all secrets plus I paid for it so that makes me feel I can share if I want.

Hey qweedqwag, where is that setup for sale?  I am curious... because I doubt the person you are referring to would sell his setup to people.  Even if  he did, did you buy it with the availability of you being able to distribute?  It just seems odd he would ... because then why sell if you are going to sell to one and let everyone else get it for free?

I just don't find posting someone else's setup, unless that person gave express written permission, to be ethical.  It technically isn't legal either, depending on circumstance.

Nothing against ya qweedqwag.  If you were posting your own setup, that is one thing.  Posting someone elses is a bit rude, don't ya think?

Oh, and HI.  Nice forum setup here. :)

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2007, 09:29:01 am »
This forum is all about sharing information.  And the fact that he posted someone ele's setup should not make any difference.  Setup's are all based on driver input anyways.  The Clay Hair setup that everyone seems to want does not work for most drivers and the car would be very scary to drive.  I think the posting was to give people and newbies a place to start with a setup.  There are 160 poeple on this forum and I am sure there are 160 different ideas on setup. 

knoxracing

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2007, 11:00:09 am »
Purchased set up.
When you PURCHASE a set-up in written form it is not legal to publish that information to the public for free, now, depending on how that information has been protected would reflect the level of legality.
I have helped alot of people for free, but I really dont appreciate it when my info is passed around. iIhave spent years and lots of money to develop my info, since I am a dealer I often help my parts customers with set-up and other advice, but these are my customers. The information regarding the set up that has been posted is basic info, there is alot more to a true set-up than wheel base, springs, etc. there are alot of measurements and details in the geometry of the car that make a set-up work.  Good luck.

anything