Author Topic: Tire rollouts  (Read 6196 times)

Offline zrod

Tire rollouts
« on: July 25, 2017, 11:03:56 am »
My buddy was mentioning that I should measure my tire roll outs. My question is how does this help the set up of the car?

Offline Scott75

Re: Tire rollouts
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 07:57:30 pm »
Hi zrod,

Tire roll out is how many inches the tire travels in one revolution , tire stagger is the difference of the circumference of tires, they kind of go hand in hand. Drag racers are more concerned with roll out because they use that to help reaction times in the staging beams with the front tires and obviously they want the same roll out between the rear tires to make sure the car goes as straight as possible ( NO STAGGER ) Us circle track guys care more about stagger to help the car rotate in the corners. The more stagger in the rear , RH tire bigger than LH tire will loosen the car up. Less stagger will tighten the car.

Scott 

Offline propinch19

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 10:36:15 pm »
Sounds like a RC guy!  In RC rollout is used for gear ratio tuning after taking into consideration of gear box ratio.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 12:12:29 am »
Do you realize this thread is a year old?
Glad you are reading through the old threads! A wealth of information in them.

Tire stagger and roll out DO deal with gear ratio. Roll out has to do with the circumference of the tires and desired RPM. Stagger deals with tire circumference and cornering. Both deal with the circumference of the tire to achieve a desired effect,

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

anything