Author Topic: 2011 Dirt Natls  (Read 13978 times)

Offline JGRacing

Re: 2011 Dirt Natls
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 03:46:32 pm »
So they really just switch the track back and forth from dirt to pavement when needed?  Seems like it would be less expensive over time to just build a dirt track on the property.  That is a lot of dirt to be moving back and forth, along with the wear and tear on the pavement. 

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 06:29:29 pm »
Just looked up the mileage to Elko. 1250 miles just might be to much for this year. I'm sure it is a great track but just wish they would put it more in the middle of the dirt guys. I understand the whole logistics of the nationals but that might be to far. I have made they last 4 but might have to skip this one..... :(

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 08:47:08 pm »
Scott east coast time..........
Vernon Houseman #20

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 09:54:13 pm »
I still like the idea of Eldora. Maybe if you say it enough it will come true. Is Elko a done deal or is it a strong rumor?

Scott

FFmedic

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 09:56:09 pm »
Scott

From what I have heard its a done deal.  But this comes from a guy who knows a guy down in NC. 

Joe

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 10:03:30 pm »
Dang I really wanted to make it 5 straight years. I know that someone put out there (I think it was Jim) that if they made the nationals a double point race then there would be a lot more cars show up. The more I think about that the more I think it might work. I just wish we could find a a location that would be more central located.

Scott

Offline JC38

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 10:39:44 pm »
I wish we could have it at Fort Worth Texas, the dirt track next to Texas Motor Speedway. That would be alot of fun.   Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland Mo, is still the nicest dirt track in the nation, hands down. Its just to bad its basically in the middle of no where. And i know everyone is sick of coming to Missouri. haha! Elko Speedway is kinda to far North, but every year its going to be somewhere, were its too far for someone to go.  I just wish it would pay enough to make it worth everyones while to go race.  This is where 600 should of taken some of  that Bruton Smith money and spread it out for awhile and paid more for these races.  Instead they spent the whole thing on one race.   Actually since they used all of that money on one race, it would of been nice to of had it at a real asphalt track, not a flat track inside of a bigger track. Elko Speedway would of been a perfect short track. Oh well thats history now!
Justin Comer #38

Offline Brock13

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2011, 02:18:54 pm »
I definitely agree the Million should have been at Elko! The 3 mile commute would have killed me....
I actually spoke to "the powers that be" about having all 3 nationals at one location which would save on travel and promote crossover from asphalt, road course and dirt. They loved the idea but there are only 3 places that you could do this. Charlotte, Texas, and Vegas. The first two do not have a REAL oval for asphalt or a big road course, but at least it would be in one place. We are trying to get the asphalt nats here in Elko the week before IF it doesnt go to Colorado. I have raced at the dirt track at TMS and the only issue that will come up is that it is too big for legends. I dont think it is and most guys who ran there would say the same but INEX doesnt like 4/10 mile tracks too much. My biggest complaint about the 13 national events that I have been to ( 3 dirt, 8 asphalt, and 2 road course) is that many of the tracks dont know how to put on a show or they are complete dives. This past year, Langley was a joke with the dirt pits and then running everything from the infield, and Missouri, wow, that was way too local yocal for me. Nothing against any drivers from those areas, just those facilities should NOT host National events. I would have to say, (my opinion only here) is that Vegas, Elko, Lucas Oil, Erie, Dodge City, and Infineon are the only ones that came close to getting it right. Dodge City and Lucas Oil were in the middle of nowhere though. Im not saying that we know it all, but Elko has hosted several National series races with Television and the whole works, not to mention that the facility has the infrastructure to handle these types of events.  Personally, I vote for VEGAS every year and have all 3 events in one week! Then lets take whats left and line em up side by side on the dragstrip!!  Besides, who doesnt want to spend a week in Vegas?

Offline JC38

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2011, 05:12:52 pm »
I second that. VEGAS would be great, and i bet it would get some cars too.  Maybe next year. I would like to run asphalt alittle bit, but everytime i have watched  legends race on asphalt it just seems to be follow the leader to me, not a whole lot of passing, not even in the back. I have just grown up around dirt my whole life.  I will say this past Dirt Nationals was a mess, but it could and would of been alot smoother if Darrell and the track owner would of communicated better ,but thats done and over with. i like to travel and go race different tracks. I still think if 600 would pay better money at these national events it would draw more cars.  What gear is best there for the dirt?
Justin Comer #38

Offline Brock13

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2011, 07:18:49 pm »
I ran a 373 in 4th but really didnt have time to experiment since we have only ran one weekend ever on dirt at Elko.

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 02:20:42 am »
As of right now you can count me and my brother out. Over the past couple years INEX has put minimal effort into the dirt nationals so we aren't interested in driving that far again like the 18 hr drive last year. With Elko being an asphalt track, how do you think this event will go? I know they have dumped clay down before for other shows so I have  a feeling they will dump the clay then invite several other divisions. If they do that like invite sprint cars, late models, and whatever else the Legends cars nationals would just be another side show event.

It truly is a shame that INEX can't treat the dirt racing the same as asphalt.

T.M
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline ethan54

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2011, 02:53:08 am »
The only thing interesting me in going is the relatively short (300 mile) drive.
Ethan Ross
Ross Brothers Racing #54