Author Topic: help in technical problems!!  (Read 3942 times)

Offline swiftr

help in technical problems!!
« on: November 02, 2011, 03:02:22 pm »
hi

I have a legend car, all perfect BUT...BUT!!!

I have broken 4 starter engine!!... I don't know what is the problem....
Every time when the car spun out ... we have problems with the  starting system...
When the electric engine opens this one burst  :o
I install a system to cut the current to the electric engine when  this one working...but it's again  hapenned! :(
please , somebody know??..   

thanks!!!
JC

Offline IraceLegends77

Re: help in technical problems!!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 03:32:08 pm »
No you don't have a problem with your starter  but your problem is spinning out. If and when you spin you need to push the clutch pedal in as fast as you can. The starter works on a sprag clutch and when you turn the motor over backward from your spin it is breaking your starter because you are turning your motor backwards. It has happened to all of use that race these cars. I went for years and never had it happen but one day I blew a oil line off and turned around in my own oil and I had oil on my feet and missed the break pedal. It doesn't take very much to break your starter. So next time you spin just remember to push in the brake pedal and clutch at the same time. I know someone else can explain this better than me but that is the long and short of it.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline swiftr

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 04:22:35 pm »
ok... thanks !!!!!

Then I think that I bought the last starter !!!

:)
JC

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 04:25:16 pm »
No you don't have a problem with your starter  but your problem is spinning out. If and when you spin you need to push the clutch pedal in as fast as you can. The starter works on a sprag clutch and when you turn the motor over backward from your spin it is breaking your starter because you are turning your motor backwards. It has happened to all of use that race these cars. I went for years and never had it happen but one day I blew a oil line off and turned around in my own oil and I had oil on my feet and missed the break pedal. It doesn't take very much to break your starter. So next time you spin just remember to push in the brake pedal and clutch at the same time. I know someone else can explain this better than me but that is the long and short of it.

Scott

That was a wonderful explanation Scott, dont be so hard on yourself!
 ;)
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

anything