Author Topic: A Comfortable Seat  (Read 6957 times)

Offline El Gringo

• Global Moderator
A Comfortable Seat
« on: September 18, 2017, 10:16:03 am »
While the Kirkey aluminum racing bucket may be just the thing for going round in circles, it ain't so fine for an ancient guy like me. Does anyone know of an easy, quick, and affordable alternative? I don't like the five point harness either. I was once 5' 10" tall but probably not anymore so head room is not a problem. I really don't want to try a lot of seats because the salvage guys around here will not let you trade for another one. They just want the money when it goes out the door.

Offline RPM

• Raduechel Performance Motorsports
Re: A Comfortable Seat
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 11:11:05 am »
https://www.summitracing.com/nv/parts/sum-g1130l/overview/ Maybe something like this could work. You will have to fab up some brackets but they aren't too bad I had a set in my '67 beetle. Pretty comfortable and would definitely be easier to get in and out of than any race seat.

Robert - RPM

Offline El Gringo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 01:25:26 pm »
Hi Robert, the back is higher than what I would like. Something like a 60's Ford Mustang seat, don't remember when I last saw one but I'll bet they cost a lot these days.

Offline RPM

• Raduechel Performance Motorsports
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 01:41:05 pm »
https://www.summitracing.com/nv/parts/sca-80-1400-51l/overview/ about 100 bucks more 17 inch wide by 24 overall height and a back height of 20 inches

Robert - RPM

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 01:42:40 pm »
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

anything